Why is liquid damage so bad.
Liquid damage corrodes pathways & components on the logic board. The most common issues are trackpad/keyboard damage, screen cable burning out due to high voltage line for LCD backlight, battery not being recognized, or it just not turning on. When these issues occur, the MacBook with water damage can be repaired by replacing or fixing the affected parts at component level.
- Switch off the machine immediately
- Hold down the power button for at least 5 seconds until the power is off
- Make sure you d not power the machine up again at this point
- If this does not work wipes as much excess water that is visible and close the lid this will put it into deep sleep mode
- Do not open the lid again until you get it to a repair specialist.
- Unplug the charger this removes the charging circuit to the logic board.
- MacBook Air MagSafe safe charger outputs 14.5V for MacBook air and 16 – 20V for MacBook Pro
If your machine cant be saved we will do all we can to get any data off. Its is always essential that you back your data up on a regular basis so many people don’t do this but its really the safest way to make sure that if anything happens you always have a copy of your data.
Call us or complete the online form by clicking the button below to get your machine repaired.